After the vacation, I was feeling sluggish and off balance. I needed a boost. So I decided to go grocery shopping, and I got my usual fruits and veggies. Food City also had large bags of zucchini, peppers and bananas on clearance. I got a bag or two, of course. I made vegan banana and zucchini bread muffins and this for my morning breakfast:
Tasty Carrot Juice my way:
1 large cucumber
2tbs raw ginger
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup water
My skin was a little dry on the return; probably do to stress, lack of sleep, and exposure to lots of car, truck, bus, and boat exhaust. LOL! Bentonite clay came to the rescue! After applying the clay and taking a warm shower with it on, my skin felt so soft all day long. I didn’t use any soaps to cleanse or lotions for moisture; the clay removed all impurities and left my face moisturized:)
I don’t know, but I just bought 4 pounds for $5 at Sunflower Market!
4 large strawberries
a few slices of fresh pineapple
a handful of whole flax seeds
a squirt of Holy Basil leaf liquid herb
3 ice cubes
about 3/4 cup rice milk
Mature, upbeat, positive message for all women to take seriously! Being real, natural, and free is a beautiful thing!
For the sweet-toothers like me!
Try adding dried apricots to a home-made trail mix for a boost of energy, and sweet flavor!
Cooking fresh apricots will increase the carotene and soluble fiber absorption into the body!
Apricot Breakfast Muffins Recipe (Substitute whole wheat flour, apple sauce, agave nectar, or soy milk for a healthier twist!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in apricots and orange peel. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.