Avocados are high in monounsaturated fats: good fats.
Avocados can help reduce heart disease incidence, cataracts and macular degeneration, and cholesterol levels
Edamame and Avocado Spread
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot with salted water to a rolling boil; add the edamame and cook 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine the edamame, avocado, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a blender or food processor; pulse until smooth.