Well its not really the season for pears until about May (through October) but who cares... Pears: are safe for people with food allergies are a good source of vitamin C, fiber and potassium contain hydroxycinnamic acids--antioxidants/cancer and bacteria fightingRecipe: Pear and Rosemary Cocktails from Martha Stewart
- 6 to 10 Seckel pears
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vodka
- 1 cup sugar–I would use a sweetener such as agave nectar
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) pear nectar
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sparkling water
- Put enough pears into a 48-ounce glass jar to fill. Add vodka. Seal jar, and let stand at room temperature 2 weeks (up to 2 months).
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add rosemary; remove from heat. Let stand 30 minutes. Discard rosemary. Let cool completely. Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Fill 12-ounce glasses halfway with ice. Add 4 tablespoons vodka, 2 tablespoons syrup, and 3 tablespoons pear nectar to each. Top with 1/2 cup sparkling water. Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs