For the sweet-toothers like me!
Try adding dried apricots to a home-made trail mix for a boost of energy, and sweet flavor!
Cooking fresh apricots will increase the carotene and soluble fiber absorption into the body!
Apricot Breakfast Muffins Recipe (Substitute whole wheat flour, apple sauce, agave nectar, or soy milk for a healthier twist!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in apricots and orange peel. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.