Well, I know these perks may not seem that important or interesting to people that do not know what black women go through with their hair; however they are very significant to me, and I am sure they are many more perks that are significant to other transitioners and natural hair chicas. I wanted to list a few here:
1. You can walk in the rain without an umbrella, and without completely loosing a new permed style.
2. You can learn to swim, if you don’t know how (Had the throw this one in there; it relates to no.1)
3. You don’t have to go to a salon or by a boxed perm to keep the styles you want to wear
4. You can get to know my hair like it was (or at least similar to) when you were a little girl.
5. You can utilize a variety of natural hair products that are especially for your hair
6 . You can wear your hair in various styles that do not require you to sleep standing up…yall know what I mean 🙂
7. Natural hair makes you look younger